On Saturday April 22nd, Hungry for Christ celebrated its official Grand Opening with a Pancake Breakfast Open House Fundraiser and a ribbon cutting ceremony in honor of our newly renovated facility, located at 4565 135th Ave. in Hamilton, Michigan.
Over 400 people enjoyed breakfast and were invited to participate in a self-guided tour of our new 44,000 square foot facility which is stocked with food. Guests viewed the receiving area, 30,000 cubic foot freezer, 180,000 cubic foot cooler, clean room, shipping area, Backpack Food Sharing area, and our in house “Family Pantry”. Some of the comments from people were “incredible”, “unbelievable”, “wonderful”, and “praise God.” HFC volunteers in each area explained how food is prepared for sending to pantries and organizations in West Michigan. HFC is known as “the pantry to the pantries.” In 2016 Hungry for Christ freely distributed over 3 million pounds of food to 200 organizations in eleven Michigan counties with the help of more than 150 volunteers. We are thankful to the 50 food distributors who donate the dry, refrigerated, and frozen food products to HFC to ensure people dealing with food insecurities have food on the table.
Tim Perrigo, executive director of the Allegan Area Chamber of Commerce, led the ribbon cutting ceremony congratulating HFC for their concern and compassion to people who need food. Mary Whiteford, from the 80th district in the Michigan House of Representatives, presented a plaque signed by herself and the governor stating that “they are an organization so dedicated to improving the lives of our community…”
So far, $7,772.00 was donated to our ministry at the Pancake Breakfast. These funds will be used for the construction of a permanent loading ramp, which will improve the efficiency of loading food orders into a variety of vehicles. We depend on donations of all amounts and greatly appreciate both onetime gifts and monthly donations. For more information visit the website at www.hungryforchrist.org or call (269) 264-1307.