Bridging the Skills Gap: Internships
Please join Michigan Works!, Allegan County Economic Development Commission, Allegan County Area Technical & Education Center, and the Allegan Area Chamber of Commerce for the quarterly Allegan Area Manufacturing Forum on January 28, 7:30 AM – 9:00 AM. The forum will be held at the Allegan Tech Center at 2891 116th Ave (M-222). The Forum is part of the Strategic Talent Development Series. A continental breakfast will be served. (Register online here)
Cindy Brown, Hello West Michigan: Internship Programs
Interested in developing or enhancing your internship program? Join us to learn about:
- Benefits to hiring an intern
- How to connect with education, workforce development and talent
- Things to consider before beginning
- The five steps essential to structuring a successful program
Steve Heethuis, Training Director for Autocam: Industry Champion for the Manufacturing Sector of Career Quest 2015
Career Quest 2015 is a hands-on, career and college readiness event just for middle and high school students. During this unique experience, students will find out what it’s really like to be an RN, a foreman, a mechanical engineer and more – direct from the people who do these jobs every day!
At Career Quest 2015, students will:
- Explore key West Michigan industries expecting solid job growth into the near future
- Make connections between the classroom and the workplace by interacting with technology, tools, and professionals from many different fields
- Discover workplace opportunities available to students like internships and job shadows
- Engage with college reps to understand how post-secondary education plays a role in a career ladder–underscoring the importance of college AND career readiness.
- Continental Breakfast and Networking
- Welcome – Deb Lyzenga, Business Services Manager; Kent, Allegan, and Barry County Michigan Works!
- Update of State Funding (STTF)
- Presentation: Internships – Cindy Brown, Hello West Michigan
- Presentation: Career Quest 2015 – Steve Heethuis, Autocam