The Allegan County Legal Assistance Center (ACLAC) is seeking job applicants for the positions of Associate Director. The opportunity is for part-time employment in a nonprofit organization that educates and assists self-represented litigants with the legal system in civil cases such as divorce, custody, guardianship and name changes. This is a dynamic organization that provides a unique service to Allegan County, serving over 2,500 patrons in 2017. The Associate Director will have the opportunity to serve the public and work with all the courts in the course of their duties. Interested applicants will need to contact Jennifer Kamps at firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of interest and resume.
The following are specific areas of responsibility for the position of Associate Director:
- Patron Assistance: Provide customer service to individuals who are representing themselves in court using the ACLAC services.
- Office Management: Assure that all office policies are followed including reports to the Board of Directors.
- Volunteer Management: including recruitment, training, scheduling and oversight.
- Marketing: including off sight attendance for recruitment and fundraising activities.
- Fund Management: including daily accounting functions, grant development and fundraising activities.
- Other Duties: The Associate Director shall perform any other such duties as assigned and approved by Director.
- Hours and Compensation
- Hours will be determined by the Board of Directors, and will be within the regular business hours of the Allegan County Building (8 am to 5 pm)
- The Associate Director will be compensated at a rate agreed to by the Associate Director and the ACLAC Board of Directors. The current pay is $14 per hour. Benefits are not included.