Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Supervisor: Michelle Liggett
Company Summary: Liggett Leasing is responsible for human resources, accounting, marketing/advertising, purchasing, and operation management. We currently are under contract to conduct these services for 7 companies. The largest company is a manufacturing company, while the rest are service companies. Each year, anywhere from 2-5 new companies are added to the management slate for Liggett Leasing. We currently maintain records for approximately 150 employees.
Job Summary:This position is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resources function.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to take direction from Immediate Supervisor.
- Work independently and be a self-motivator.
- Able to work within strict deadlines.
- All other duties as assigned on a daily basis.
- Bachelor’s degree and ten years’ experiencein Human Resources. Experience having been established in a company with 50+ employees.
- Extensive experience in recruiting/hiring
- Benefits administration
- Compensation and Wage structure
- Fundamentals of employee laws
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Superior Communication skills
- Ability to work 45-50 hours and possible weekends
- Advanced level
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven leadership experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with large groups of people
- Proven conflict management and ability to resolve complex employee issues
- Stress tolerance
Interested candidates should send resumes to:
ATTN: Michelle Liggett
1300 Lincoln Rd.
Allegan MI 49010
or email, email@example.com