Lake Michigan College is a 2-year community college offering associate degrees, certificates, and a wide range of continuing education and business and industry training. Lake Michigan College at South Haven is one of four regional campuses and serves students from Van Buren, Allegan, and Ottawa counties with a wide range of academic and community education courses.
The philosophy of Lake Michigan College, an institution of higher education, is founded on the belief that education is for all who wish to develop their potential. It is fundamental that a community college assist in meeting the educational, career, cultural, wellness and recreational needs of the community it serves through its courses (credit and non-credit), certificates, degrees, and state-authorized baccalaureate programs. This involves a five-fold obligation:
- to provide for the educational aspirations, needs and learning expectations of the individual and the community;
- to provide for the occupational needs and desires of the learner and the community;
- to provide for the cultural interests and the wellness and recreational needs of the individual, and thus contribute to the development of effective citizens;
- to provide an assurance of quality in programs and in people;
- to develop an international perspective that prepares students, and develop employees and community members for a world economy and global citizenship
Learn more about LMC at www.lakemichigancollege.edu