Founded in 2003 by business and community leaders, Lakeshore Advantage is a non-profit economic development organization that connects businesses to the resources they need to grow in Allegan and Ottawa Counties. We accomplish this by working to:
- Maintain a robust primary business base at all stages of development
- Tackle talent challenges to overcome barriers to growth
- Look forward to ensure long-term economic health
Whether it’s growth assistance, finding talent or expanding your market, Lakeshore Advantage works with dozens of partners to support business growth. Contact us and we can assist in navigating available business resources to support your specific needs.
Your business health in West Michigan is our priority. Through our Business Intelligence program, we gather valuable insight to customize our services to your needs. We provide connections and support in these areas (to name a few):
- Business expansion and tax abatement support
- Streamlining permitting process
- Entrepreneurial support
- International business support
- Foreign trade zone
Great talent is critical to your company’s success. We focus on talent development, attraction, and retention solutions to ensure your business has the human capital it needs to flourish.
- K-12 Career mapping
- Human Resources Round Table
- Teacher and student awareness of local career opportunities
- Skilled trades and higher ed connections for interns, employees and resources
- MichiganSmartCoast.com, a website and social media engagement tool for human resource professionals to use when recruiting to help tell the story of living and working on the lakeshore to early career professionals and engineers.
- Connections with Michigan Technical Education Center (M-TEC), Careerline Tech Center, Grand Valley State University and Hope College for interns, recent grads or to post jobs
- Connections with West Michgian Works! for:
- Skilled Trades Training Fund grants
- Incumbent worker training
- On the job training grants
- Connections with Grand Rapids Community College for Michigan new jobs grant